7.22.2013

Orange and Hibiscus Iced Tea + My First Food Video



Today I have a really exciting post, I get to show you my very first food video. This is something I've been wanting to do since last year and I just never got to it. Last week, in the middle of a heat wave that was drowning NY in sweat, I decided to make a refreshing drink and in the process, also give video making a try.


I thought to start with a "simple" recipe. Yes, the recipe is simple but it's not simple to translate it into stop motion. It took me a whole day to make this video but I learned so much in the process and I really loved it. In fact, I loved it so much, I'm eager to make more :)


I am new to this world and I don't have fancy equipment, just my same old camera  (artificial lighting would have been VERY useful) and I edited this video on iMovie. Is not perfect and I need a lot of practice but I really hope you enjoy it. The recipe is really good and truly refreshing, we got through the heat wave drinking a ton of it. It's very floral and the orange zest brightens the flavor even more.


Enjoy!


Orange-Hibiscus Iced Tea from Najwa Kronfel on Vimeo.


Ingredients:


4 cups water
1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers
½ stick of cinnamon
3 cups of fresh squeezed oranges juice 
the zest of 3 oranges
Agave nectar or sweetener of your choice

In a saucepan, bring the water with the cinnamon to boil. Turn the heat off and add the hibiscus flowers, cover and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain it and let it cool completely. Once cool, add the orange juice, orange zest and sweetener. Stir well and serve with lots of ice. 


48 comments:

  1. che meraviglia di foto...e che voglia di dissetarsi con questa bevanda freschissima e golosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, that sounds so delicious right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing job with that video! Totally making this asap! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. how did you dry the hibiscus? air? oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them already dry but is easy to sun dry them. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. A refreshingly delicious drink and awesome video!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop motion - nice! Very well done. And the tea looks super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to make one of these kind of videos! Yours came out very well, especially for your first one, I would definitely like to see more videos with your delicious recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You too should give it a try!!

      Delete
  8. I love Ice Tea and am a sucker for new flavors to try. This is right up my ally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This photos are professional! Looks like from cover of magazine.
    Do more Tea recipes!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful video! I can't believe it's your first try. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds soooo good! Now, I just have to figure out where to buy dried hibiscus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them on the latin session in my local supermarket, also online! Thank you :)

      Delete
  12. Crazy cool, I wish I knew where to buy those flowers! I'll definitely be trying these soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them on the latin session in my local supermarket, also online! Here is a link, thank you :)
      http://www.amazon.com/Hibiscus-De-El-Sol-Mexico/dp/B0000GKV6C

      Delete
  13. I usually just lurk around here, but I just had to come out of hiding to say that I loved the video! I'm dying to learn how to tip toe into the realm of video, and would adore a tutorial (or even just a few tips) on how you created yours. That is, if you'd be willing to part with the secrets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely considering a tutorial! I just need a bit more practice to be confident enough to talk about it. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. LOVE the stop motion! made my day =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your video... is awesome! I absolutely love it and hope you'll post more. Pinned the video. It's super cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you so much, I appreciate that!

      Delete
  16. Amazing video. Loved and enjoyed it..

    ReplyDelete
  17. This video is totally gorgeous! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just LOVE you video! I creates the feeling I have to have this drink right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious darling, I love the idea. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I discovered this interesting blog by accident and I am so happy I did I keep coming back all the time when I wanted to do something different I enjoy baking for my Family on special occasions and surprised them with something new and this is the perfect place to come and try any of your tasty recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write a comment, they make my day!