3.13.2013

I had to get it out of my chest


"You are going to need surgery" said Dr. Cane. I sat there in silence, trying to process what I just heard. "Make sure you don't leave your scissors or any other equipment inside" I replayed. We started to laugh, I guess it was a nervous reaction. To make a long story short, a week earlier a CAT scan revealed a mass the size of an apricot in my chest. Because of the location, a needle biopsy was not an option "the only way to know with certainty what it is, is by taking it out" said Dr. Cane. Everything was happening so fast, within a week I had to organize my life before undergoing surgery. What? It seemed so surreal, like it wasn't happening to me. 


In one week I had to somehow get a second opinion (which I did and the other doctor agreed with Dr. Cane), had to finish off some projects, suspend others, my blog became part of Martha Stewart Circle of Blogs and got my new online shop up and running (a long time project finally ready, click HERE to check it out).

The surgery was this past Friday. After three hours of surgery, they were able to remove the whole thing. I was able to go home on Sunday. The recovery is very painful but everyday it gets better. I feel lucky to have plenty of help from family, friends and my lovely husband who hasn't left my side for a minute. I definitely feel better and I'm hoping to share a recipe with you by next week. Until then!

29 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Is it benign? Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's benign thank God! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry. I hope you heal quickly. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please take good care. best wishes for a safe recovery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that the surgery is over and everything went well!!!
    All the best and lots of health,
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a quick recovery and get well soon.
    All the best,
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you much love for a smooth recovery. Take care of yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please get well soon. Hope that that thing is gone forever and it's benign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel well soon! and good luck with your new shop! all the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that... I hope it is benign.

    Take care, dear!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been following your work for a very long time but have never said hi. I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through. I know it must have been terrifying and I suppose it may still be since you don't know the results. I hope everything goes well. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the best and may you be healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment Magda! Today, I actually found out that the mysterious mass was my thymus growing out of control but with the surgery I had, it's all under control, best news ever :)

      Delete
  12. So glad to read it was benign. I hope you recover quickly. All my best!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness- I hope you're okay! What an awful worry that must have been. Hope you are starting to feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh god ! I hope you feel better ! You were lucky that was begnin ... Courage ! Friendly ++

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better now and yes I'm very lucky!! Thank you so much!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write a comment, they make my day!