9.15.2012

Spaghetti with Grape Tomatoes


Hello guys, just a quick post to share with you this fantastic pasta recipe with tomatoes from our garden. Very simply made but so fresh, filling and comforting. Just a perfect bowl of pasta and also super quick to make. Simplicity at its best!



Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

Ingredients:

2 pounds of grape tomatoes, halved
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
fresh basil, chiffonade
1 pound of spaghetti or angel hair
salt and pepper to taste

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Heat the olive oil, add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, cover and cook slowly for 15 minutes. Then add basil and toss well.  At this point you can add the cooked pasta, toss very well before serving and add more fresh basil and Parmesan cheese if desired. 



13 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! When I have at home veg from my mum's garden, I exploit them like you do!
    I LOVE your job, everything are superb :)
    Have a nice day dear!
    xxxFiC.

    www.fahionicook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful spaghetti dish! Grape tomatoes are so tasty. Lovely clciks too.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving the simplicity of this dish. I may just have to make myself some lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tomatoes are looking great, delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth is watering after seen this it looks amazing i really like the Spaghetti its so delicious and amazing....

    Rico`s Pizzeria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was excellent! Thank you for the recipe. I actually poured in a little balsalmic vinegar and a splash of the red wine I was drinking with the onions and garlic. Beautiful and delicious. (It's also a great recipe with spaghetti squash instead of pasta)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for trying out this recipe! The addition of wine and vinegar sounds great! xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my. I'm so glad I found your site--it's the food blog embodiment of a deep breath! I love the simplicity of this dish, and it would make a perfect contribution to this month's Shine Supper Club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, I love to have you here. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. this pasta looks so delicious, yummii and the pic is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to write a comment, they make my day!